Born in Kansas City, Missouri and raised in the Kansas City area, Attorney Andrew S. Talge is proud to provide legal services to clients throughout the States of Missouri and Kansas. For Andrew, practicing law is a privilege. He always puts the client before himself, keeping the client informed throughout every step of the litigation process. Andrew believes that great lawyers are separated from average lawyers through attention to detail. He meticulously handles every step of his cases, from the initial review to the final outcome. He is licensed in Missouri and Kansas State Courts and the United States District Court in the Western District of Missouri and the District of Kansas and in addition to the United States Tax Court.
Andrew graduated from the Kansas State University in 1987 before going on to obtain his J.D. from the University of Missouri at Kansas City in 1990.
Attorney Andrew Talge provides clients with aggressive, effective, and seasoned criminal defense. In short, he gets results, and gets them often. As a result, he has received the respect of judges, clients, and fellow lawyers for his ethics and excellent practice. Andrew also sits as a pro tem judge in Johnson County Kansas District Court and in the city of Overland Park, Kansas. One of the reasons he has achieved so many wonderful results for his clients is his incredible amount of experience and preparation.
For over 28 years, Andrew has devoted his practice to defending people from unwarranted or unjustified charges. He understands that when he is being called, the person on the other end is going through the toughest battle of his or her life. That’s why he seeks to give them peace through his skill, experience, and aggressive representation. When clients work with Andrew, they know they are in good hands.
Andrew has a singular passion: fighting for the underdog, and in criminal law, it is almost always the accused. His goal as a criminal defense attorney is to respond with a fair, honest case against every accusation brought against his clients. Andrew is familiar with local, state, and federal courts, and no case is too high-stakes for his practice.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law 25%
- DUI Defense 45%
- Traffic Law 30%
- Missouri, 1990
- Kansas, 1991
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas, 1991
- U.S. Tax Court, 1991
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 1990
- Honors: Deans List
- Kansas State University, Kansas
- B.S. - 1987
- Honors: Dean's List
- Major: Finance and Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- The Missouri Bar, Member
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, Municipal Court Committee, 2001
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member, 1990
- Johnson County Bar Association, 2000 to Present
- Kansas City MBA Municipal Court Committee, Vice Chairman 2013-2015; Chairman 2015-2016
- Kansas Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Missouri Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- KCMBA Municipal Court Committee, Past Chair and Vice Chair, Member, 1990 to Present
Past Employment Positions
- Copilevitz, Bryant, Gray & Jennings, Associate, 1994 to 1999
- Boland, McQuain, Block, DeHardt & Rosenbloom, Intern, Associate, 1988 to 1994
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney Project, 2018 to Present
- Veteran's Court, 2011 to Present
- Pro Bono aid to victims of domestic violence, 2010 to Present
- Sigma Chi